Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Boat over the ocean. ~ Johanna, (Italics= different language.)

        Today I began my way across the ocean via boat. I would be on an airplane, but heights are NOT my thing. The boat smells, and I must share my match-box cabin with 11 other people. Only three of them I can understand, two are my age, twelve. Ship tickets were cheap for such a cramped space, but in hopefully less than four weeks I will be in America.The girl in my cabin is from Russia. Her name, I think, is Katia. She's from St.Petersburg. She's tall, with long, dark hair that would shine on a sunny day. Her little sister, Klara, is like a miniature version of Sophie, but with darker hair and doesn't speak. We worry for Klara, because she is a sickly little girl, only 3 years old, and in the grime of our cabin , it is likely that she would become ill. Annieke, a girl from the Netherlands that speaks a German-ized Dutch, or a Dutch-like German, says that we should get her to eat more. Annieke is from a small town near the German border. She is a great writer, ergo she helps with posting. She haves straight, blond hair and the greenest eyes in the world. I wish I had green eyes, instead of my shocking blue ones, for they frighten little Klara. My bangs like to wisp over them, though, so lille, little one (Norwegian), is able to be around me. She and Katia were raised in an extremely superstitious family, so Klara doesn't speak much, though I'm not sure she CAN speak at all. I hope our lille is okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment